Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fikirkan boleh

My Spring Break is finally down to less than a week.. Gawd I suck. Last night was quite a memorable one. I fell asleep at 9 but I woke up at 12, 'celebrated' the Mid-Autumn Festival with Hannah by slicing up our mooncakes. We were laughing all the way yet careful enough not to let ourselves choke. At our express corner in the kitchen area, that's where I bump into Hannah most of the time. Either that, or at the loo. Busy angel.

Journey to the past
The holidays made me think a lot about the recent past. I dreamt bout my brother, think about school, friends... Then I remembered Kem Kepimpinan. Gosh I felt like a champ after I designed the logo for my group year after year. I just hate the performance part. Kem Kepimpinan was a stepping stone to a lot of things in my life. Independence and creativity... I remembered how Mr Steven told Jaryn's group during her presentation, she could've given better reasonings. "Why is the logo so colourful?"asked an audience. "We like colours," answered our school's head girl. Mr Steven suggested that she could've answered something like it reflects our vibrant lives.. or similar.

Beyond A,B,C's and 1,2,3s
Well, Mr Steven, I just realised years ago that it was from this moment that I think a little further than I used to. Also, I was never selected for any spelling bees or language competitions. I wasn't disappointed or anything but one day, Mr Steven was trying to make a point that there's always someone better out there, let the skies be our limit. He asked our champ to spell "intoxicated". Nope, none of us can. Ever since that, I got interested in expanding my vocabulary. I actually enjoyed reading the dictionary sometimes. I was quite a loser in primary school but I was surprised Mr Steven told my brother I was a pretty cool student who finished her English exam in 15 minutes. A pretty cool record ey? 15 minutes and 90%+.

Another cool teacher was Ms Yeap Gaik Choo. This woman was the first teacher I feared. I fear out of respect. I was the only girl who tasted her cane so much that I'm was to be sent to the Headmaster. Oh my nerves at that time. My mom was called to school. I would rather see the Headmaster, honestly. I was expecting all hell to break loose when I got home, but after the ceremonial lecture, she passed me Su Ching's math books. I spent 2 days to write all the questions and another day to complete them. My math marks have not sunk below 90% since then till college and uni because I got so lazy. (And also because Ms Lee isn't my math teacher anymore) What could be more disrespectful than to not honour our gifts? I put my talents to shame.

I thank God for all the amazing teachers in my life. Everyone from my school teachers, tutors, Papa, Mama, Chehcheh, Tua Ee to church leaders like Aunty Poh Choo, Jimmy and Joanne.. I will not be here without you. To my buddies, you know who you are and thank you for that little gift of kindness and friendship.

In Kem Kepimpinan, it's almost customary for us to sing this song. I recently found it on youtube and I'll try hold on to this. Winter has turned into spring, it's a good time to for a new beginning.

Fikirkan Boleh
Jika kau fikirkan kau boleh
Kau hampir boleh melakukan
Jika kau fikirkan ragu-ragu
Usahamu tidak menentu

Jika kau fikirkan kekalahan
Kau hampiri kegagalan
Jika kau fikirkan kemenangan
Kau hampiri kejayaan

Engkaulah apa kau fikirkan
Terkandung dalam pemikiran
Kau fikir boleh melakukan
Fikirkan boleh

Percaya apa kau lakukan
Tabah apa kau usahakan
Bertindak atas kemampuan
Engkau boleh

9 comments:

Enche' Eyezoodean said...

u remember me back to the good old days la..hahaha..

enigma said...

hey adryn. Nice long hair:) How's life? So true the pantun u post. Positive thinking works. Take care and all the best. Coming back for summer hol?

adri-enne said...

its actually a song, sian. :)

yea i'm coming back this holidays but got lotsa activities lined up d. industrial training, petronas camp.. lol actually that's bout it.

urself?

Vi Vian said...

Welcome back Adrienne dearest. Finally after 1 year...hahaha

Quin said...

hey hey.. nice to see ur blog coming alive again. now i have somewhere to go when i want to read.

i gotta bear in mind now that it is rude to send a comment longer than the post.

u made me feel like revamping my blog!

adri-enne said...

haha vivi, i can almost feel the warmth of ur welcome... almost. (must be all the wind in wellington)

kq, i'm just wondering how long this will last! especially when exam's round the corner!

aiihh exams, i think most of us are in this season now. well, all the best n good luck ppl! (muaks!)

charmsterk said...

like the song =) Jika kau fikirkan kau boleh... lalala...

Anonymous said...

Hola, Interesante, tidak ada va a continuar con este artŠ½culo?.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. Aku hanya tersandung pada blog Anda dan ingin mengatakan bahwa saya telah benar-benar menikmati browsing posting blog Anda. Dalam hal apapun saya akan berlangganan feed Anda dan saya harap Anda menulis lagi segera!.