Sunday, April 30, 2006

Easter Holidays

It's been ages since this blog has a new entry. Easter break was actually 2 weeks ago; to some, I have completely wasted my holidays. A part of me had this tinge of regret as well, 'cos I got diverted from the original holiday plan. Initially, I wanted to use this opportunity to catch up on my studies- Didn't really work out. Yet, I am so glad I had this break else I'll start breaking down.

My main holiday activity was walking round Adelaide City with a friend, Raimy. We could almost film a documentary on ducks, swans and pelicans! The walks every morning was undoubtly one of my most memorable moments- and I felt like I was in a foreign country; a surprisingly rare feeling since I'm surrounded by so many Malaysians. (There's so many Malaysians that some of my Hong Kong & Indon friend speaks with the Malaysian slang!)

Veale Gardens
One particularly special event. One drizzling morning, Raimy and I decided to check out the parks to the south of the city. It was like pages from my childhood storybooks; the portion of my imagination whilst a kid. Vivid memories of my sketches flash through my mind; drawing has always been an integral part of me. A forest-like garden with green green grass, naturally partitioned by tiny rivers with those long long plants and duckies all over the place. *it's name I can't remember, but I love drawing it* Willow trees swayed mysteriously by gentle wind over a small pond as some ducklings trail behind some more ducks. I have never seen so many ducks before in my life. Not even in FattyLoh Restaurant...

We were in awe of its beauty, the best park by far we've seen here. Places like this never fail to make me reminisce on how impossibly talented is our God. Every intricate detail engineered so perfectly to sustain life yet covered by immeasureable beauty...

Ventured a little deeper and arrived to another park filled with roses. The smell of rain probably submerged the smell of roses, else it would have brought more effect. In the center, there was this fountain with a statue of Peter Pan, the fawn, not the Disney one. What I find rather interesting was another fountain; where heads of a koala, kangaroo, wombat & emu is spraying water from their mouths. hehehe I shall upload the picture if I visit the place again. Basically my bearings were screwed and we headed home in the wrong direction. :) We ventured into a suburb, 3 km from the edge of the city! We walked an approx of 7 km that morning. Since then, I found a whole new meaning to endurance; and map-reading.

Adelaidean Heroes
Another incident where we took a detour from River Torrens and headed back to North Terrace; in the center of a garden, we found a monument. A lady named Adelaide. Coool... Right beside it was a small pathway with lots of what seems to look like gravestones from afar. When we went up close, it turned out to be momentos of soldiers and other brave people who have served during the war. As little as you could have guessed, the name of the small trail: Pathway of Honor

Getting our names engraved on such grounds, our existence and deeds will be cherished for generations... but what good is there if our name is not engraved in the Book of Life? Appreciated on Earth, suffering in eternal damnation. Don't sound like a good deal to me. :P Anyways...

There's no place that far!
After the 7 km ordeal, we had this new mentality. Now the plan was to another suburb: North Adelaide. Goal: Ice-cream. :) Dairy Bell was one of the few Halal ice-cream parlours around and since I am living with Malays, I have been living on the same diet as them. It's not hard at all, especially when Chinatown is just blocks away :D We bought 5 buckets altogether to give all those seniors who have helped us both. Walking back was eventful. We were worried the ice-cream might melt before we reached home, then guess what happened. It rained and it was so very cold my fingernails started to turn purple. Well, at least the ice-cream'll be fine. :D It got sunny again later. God sent the rain, then the sun ~ to retain our fun. *& icecream of course*


In a nutshell, I really am glad I had this holiday but I do have some problem in time management. I terribly need to prioritise properly and not procrasitinate so much. Now I'm stuck with so much incomplete assignments and I am attending the Influencers Conference in the following week. Well, that's a portion of what I've been going through. I'll talk bout Infuencers and the most eventful week of my life in the next entry.

Hey all those out there, I just realised how little I missed home yet how deeply I missed some people back home. As much as it contradicts, it's how I felt inside. I miss you all; those who were always there. Thank you for that security invested in me that no matter how bad the circumstances; I have a God and people to turn to.

signin' off,
a kid

P/S: I just found out I have been pronouncing my name wrongly all my life! MOM!!! I should have just been called.. err.. a simpler name. NAH! Anyway, it's actually A-Dri-Anne. Pls dun name ur kid a name u dun know how 2 pronounce. it confuses the kid. poor kid.

13 comments:

Ken said...

Hi A-Dri-Anne, :)

Cool write. I can almost imagine myself in the garden on fountains, underneath a dull grey (gray?) sky. And the smell of rain heavy in the cool air. Almost storybook like.

Take care and God bless you.

I have been busy also with preparing notes, half marked papers, etc. Sigh. Talk about prioritising time. Lord help us.

God bless you again.

In Christ,
Kenny.

adri-enne said...

thanks! tho i dun really deserve d compliment, i heartily accept it :P
if only my english lecturer have d same remark; her comment was dat my essay was 2 complicated.. -_-

God bless ya 2!

nascaremperor said...

hehe, driene;)>

yes, ducks sure look nicer alive and clucking rather than slaughtered, roasted and served on ur table at FattyLoh;)

u're having a beautiful time;)
hehe, remember our weird, voice conversation,
its been sometime huh**

take care, yah,, cant actually reach over and give a pat on a shoulder, but can give a virtual one;P

here: *pat

ahaks,
signing off,
a kid named jiahsien,
(whacked by munyee on orders from addriend;)

adri-enne said...

i can almost feel d pat :P LOL
yea been really busy n by d grace of God my lecturer prolonged d assignment due date. God bless dr mofazzal..

hahahaha i'll put on d webcam, mic.. ermm say.. next time lar. i'm SUPPOSE 2 prepare 4 my finals.

adri-enne said...

i need more shelves n racks but home improvement can b made during d winter break next 2 months. i need thicker jackets but i can make do with a couple more layers of clothes. i need a haircut. hair tipping off my shoulders but i could just make do with it. i need my mamak suppers.. nothing i can do bout dat. sigh.

nascaremperor said...

yups;)...addriene the carpenter:)

im sure**> ull do weLL:)
u feeling cold there?
bet it does freeze sometimes...

i'm looking forward to the adryn with long hair:P

take cares sis...remember mamak food is SO unhealthy>>u prob will live a feww extra years:DD...

on the other side..when u get back for christmas** u could learn how to cook mamak style**....yeah, stay strong addriene*

adri-enne said...

oh noo adrienne d interior decorator!
cutting my hair soon- hair tickling my face n causing pimples, n long hair tend 2 drop more.. hmm.. nah!
so must i start stalking d mamak ppl 2 teach me how 2 cook or should i enroll in d mamak food academy? which is more unhealthy? tim tams at 3 am or mamak at 12?

nascaremperor said...

both;)

adri-enne said...

classic answer. good one!

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

adri-enne said...

anonymous, r u really human? -_-"
cos u're comments r like computer generated remarks... LOL in other words, i have very little understanding the meaning u r planning 2 put forth. forgive my bluntness.