Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Series of Events: Part 2

The Playing *Praying* Naked Chef
Have I told you guys before, that we have to cook dinner by rotation? I'm taking Thursdays. Since there's just the 4 of us, we rotate on Tuesdays. My prayer everytime I cook; God, bless and sanctify this food. May there be no IMMEDIATE nor LATTER side effects prior to the consumption of your child's cooking... If so, may the laxatives and diarrhoea medicine your child brought be of healing...

Hehehe, made a few blunders. Initially, any of us take the job whenever convenient. My roast chicken took an hour.. cause I didn't know we had to preheat the oven. My meatballs were coarse cos I didn't marinate it with corn flour. During my scheduled session, I made chicken and potato stew and steam egg. That morning, we went helter skelter rummaging every drawer for my rice cooker's cord. It's a tangible fact that human beings are very inappropriate as a conductor of electricity so how am I going to cook rice!? Why would anyone steal the cord?! Oh come on my cooking is not that bad, OK??!!! I marinated my chicken last night. I have no idea how it will turn out, Tua Ee just told me the ingredients without the measurements. I blindly took from the cabinet I placed the corn flour. It was almost 1 am. The next day, dampen by the missing cord, I almost resorted to cooking noodles when the cord mysteriously appeared on the kitchen counter. hehehe. It was returned to us. Looked at my marinated and think I should add more gravy to it. As I took the corn flour to add more corn flour, with a picture of a sugar cane that looked like a corn stalk, it read: Caster Sugar.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Who the !@#@! shifted the corn flour???!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Fine! The stew shall be full of gravy. I added other sauces to cover the sweetness. Oh God, Oh God~ I think I was caught muttering.
I even asked the KDU Cf to pray for my cooking! Well, they're having prayer meeting anyway! Hitching a ride.
But guess what? It tasted like what my aunt cooked and I think sugar is part of the ingredient and the gravy came up enough! It was very successfull! I smiled with satisfaction as I sipped the stew. Oh thank you God!! :) :) :) My housemates did not have proper lunch and that added their apetite. The rice pot, rarely empty; was emptied that night. I was delighted but not taking the glory. Must not be overconfident. :) :) :)

This week, I'll have to cook twice. Sigh.. wish me luck, dear friends.

I seriously have to get back to my work. I realised my biggest distraction: Internet! I'm restricting myself to sign in msn & checking this blog to Friday and the weekends.

Round 70/210 Grote Street, Adelaide
I am the self volunteered house technician. Dishwasher mania? Me. Lightbulb blown? Me. Operate the oven? Me. I like to change the lightbulbs.. :) Lights kept going out because we turn it on and off too frequently. Last week, the lights above the dining table's another goner. Remove the lamp casing, then screwed the new one in and felt a light jolt! The switch was not turned off. Hahhaaa any higher voltage and we'll all have BBQ Adrienne for dinner.

Hehe. Have a great week and weeks to come.
God bless.

Sustained by invisible hands,
AdrienneLimMeiChen~

11 comments:

Ou Lik Ee said...

Hey.. must try your cooking one day but then before you cook, let us all pray shall we? Amen? =P

adri-enne said...

we shall.. no no we have to!

Ken said...

Hey there Ms Oliver (haha),

From one aspiring chef to another: keep it up and keep it interesting.

All praise to God.

Ou Lik Ee said...

Have faith girl.. Sure no problem one after we pray.. =)

Rae Lee said...

lol!!! poor poor adryn... atleast i only have to cook for just me and my friend... we take turns every night... haha! i stay with 3 other aussies, so no no cooking with them... haha... dun worry, im sure you'll cook fine!! hehe... i duno why but i feel confisdent that wahatever i cook (even though im experimenting only) turns out well! Like oyster suace with celery and carrots. Hahaha! Ohya, and my mushroom, i just sendiri do own recipe by adding cheese sauce and parsley... it tasted good... but.. just that it was almost expiring. eek! =P love ya gurl! *hugs* God bless!

adri-enne said...

weii!!! i managed 2 cook hokkien char (mee hailam) & sar hor fun!!!!
it's so crazy, i only made effort 2 experiment when no experts r around. hahahha i can cook penang sar hor fun!!!! LOL LOL LOL but i must work on making more gravy... :)

enigma said...

Hey trust me u will cook better than me by the end of the year. Guess i muz learn some tips fr u :D Take care and do enjoy life there.

Vi Vian said...

EEeeee...evil rita...memang evil la u...in KDU..me ur room mate then ur neighbour...u never cook for me b4..Alwiz i cook..now u go there u cook for ayie they all..pin sam la u ni..tsk tsk...end of the year...u better balik msia n cook 4 me..hehehe

adri-enne said...

LOL dat time neva dared 2 endanger ur life. over here.. must cook else starve. hehe yes yes if opportunity arise, shall cook 4 ya. :)
hehhe y risk my cooking when we haf nice meals by vivi n mom (i love those frozen meals) heheh i think i havent thank u b4.

thanks 4 sharing ur meals v me!

Vi Vian said...

Haha..welcome..endanger my life??Come on...but that's no excuse..U're still box..haha...and u must cook for me..yum yum...I wanna eat PORK..=(
I guess u and me are both facing the same problem...PORK..miss my chu yok fan..my chu yok yun min..but i also miss u dearie..Take care

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»