Sunday, March 05, 2006

Paradise City Church

Last year, Paradise, Adelaide came to Glad Tidings, Petaling Jaya and I was impressed by their music. I know it's not a factor to be taken into account when looking for a spiritual home but I once told myself, if I do make it to Adelaide (back then Adelaide seemed very distant, overshadowed by my disappointing exam) I would want to attend this church if possible.
I arrived on a Saturday and surprisingly, I had found a friend of a friend :) who attends Paradise Church. Immensely happy, yet extremely worried that I would not fit in. I can't open up to people I'm not comfortable with. It's more of 'I do not know how to' rather than 'I don't want to'. Well, want an honest answer? I am not comfortable. I have no idea why cause everyone's extremely friendly. sigh. The lack of confidence from there continued at uni. I feel so little in their midst.
That was the initial stage, I'm redeeming my self-esteem bit by bit now. In short, thank God I know God :) thus all those depressing moments, I'm blaming it on pms. Thanks Vi Vian, for the wake up call.
Back to Paradise, we had to take the O-Bahn; some funky bus that actually went on the railway tracks and it's quite costly. $3.50 per trip. Two weeks after that, the church expanded to the Adelaide City where I lived. Here I am, in front of my laptop, after a free meal at church. A Malaysian lady cooked it and it was absolutely tasty. It's been so long since I had fish. So apart from my incomplete tutorials; I'm doing Ok here! Love ya all loads! *hugs*

3 comments:

Ken said...

Hey Adrienne,

Glad to know you're looking for a church. It is so important to continue to fellowship and to be fed spiritual food.

Hebrews 10:24-26

24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Hope you seek God deeper as you seek a church. God bless.

In Christ,
Kenny.

Vi Vian said...

Hi gurl..
I know you're better now..but still if you face a situation like that again..must pull yourself together..Remember that everything happens for a greater reason..See past all those mishaps and difficulties k??Miss ya..Take care and remember that no matter what happens, I'm always here for you..And remember too that you are a strong person and nothing can bring you down. That's the ADRIENNE I know..If not how to be Evil Queen Rita??tsk tsk..

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»