Friday, February 24, 2006

MH 139, Boeing 777 : Part 1

3rd Feb, 9.45 pm : Took a last glance of KLIA, a last glance of Malaysia.
I opened the scrapbook made by Evelyn & Chia Yinn. I read the word "leave". My heart felt a pinch, and suddenly the plane accelearated. I can't control the tears.

I wrote a mini flight journal, this posting is made with reference to it.

I entered the plane, with the 'Malaysian Student' badge gleaming on my denim jacket. Got the window seating, how fortunate! Sat beside Azam. Cool. The most blur beside the most blank. :)
I took out the box containing the little gifts and letters my friends gave. There was this pride in me that although no one sent me off at KLIA, compared to the rest whose parents and friends came, I had these which requires more effort and heart. I glanced through the letter from Hooi Fong and Eu Ping, flip the pages of 2 story books given, and peered into my best gift; the scrapbook. The plane took off.
I was caught crying and giggling uncontrollably in the plane. I didn't dare look at Azam. (Cos I know he'll be staring in confusion not knowing what to do) That scrapbook; clearly took them a while to finish. I was marvelled at how much they knew me, at how much they remember the smallest things I've said or done and at how much I meant to them. Best part was how they captured the memories we shared at SGGS, the teachers, friends and all the forgotten gossips...
Thank you both, Foxie & Duckie.
Yours truly,
Hammie the Woodhead :)

3 comments:

fishtail said...

All the very best to you, and have a great time!

Ou Lik Ee said...

Hi Adryn!!! This is my blogspot that you had always wanted me to open.. Enjoy.. =)

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»