Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Yum char anyone? :)

Yesterday, I mysteriously woke up with a bad stomachache. Forced myself to take some breakfast.. "Come on, Adrienne, it's been ages since you've eaten Mom's breakfast.. !" Each time I swallowed, it felt like a sea urchin going down my oesophagus rather than bread & soup. I retreated to my bed; muttered a prayer then muttered an AHHH!

It's my last day of driving pratice before my test. My stomach suddenly felt a pinch.

Tomorrow.

Darn.

ZZZ.

I woke up in time for lunch. Lost my apetite but I ate anyway; couldn't take in much. Though it didn't hurt as much, my tummy still hurt. Crept to bed, disturbed Marc trying to nap on the mattress below me... and slept again.

I woke up in time for dinner, my biological clock seems to have adjusted itself to my meals... Instead of feeling better, I developed fever. I felt cold even in my oversized long sleeve shirt. After some porridge (Thanks for the chu cheong chuk, mama) and some TVB show, I went to bed again. Papa tucked me; hugged me and said,"Hmm.. temperature's rising.. Chen, just because you're stronger than other girls that does not mean you don't get sick. bla bla bla" Was busy trying to understand what he meant so didn't really concentrate on what he said next. He always tell me that. I always don't understand. Prayed and I don't think I finished it.

Alarm rang... I got up, reached for my handphone to shut the alarm. 6 am. It's not my alarm! MARCUS! Get up and shut your alarm! I doze off and my alarm rang within seconds; it felt like seconds.. 7 am. I snoozed. My dad checked my forehead. No more fever! Though a little delirious, I am healed! I had cereals, POST cereals. Mr Post and I share the same birthday you know? Just that he died long before I was even born. That's beside the point. Yes I am healed!

I am actually just healing so I had cereal with warm milk. It sounds wrong and didn't exactly taste right but nevertheless thank God for a near-wonderful breakfast. Waited till 8.30 for transport to arrive. Then went to the driving school and off to Butterworth.. Judgement awaits!
Met a new friend, Avril. Never really thought I'd meet anyone with that name. Well thank God the JPJ fella was really nice and I was last so he seemed too tired to pinpoint my every move.. I missed that moment where I told my evil driving instructor I passed; well, that's for looking down on me, mister! hehe No hard feelings Uncle Rothman. (He didnt even bother to introduce himself & Rothman's is the name of his cigarettes)

I've passed driving! Now with my short term goal achieved, I wanna see my long term goal become reality! I wanna ... (for me 2 know, n u readers 2 find out!) Just gotta brush up on d gear switching and clutch and .. heck I'll drive an automatic.

Sooo.. Yum char anyone?

8 comments:

enigma said...

Hey, Congrats ya. Happy new year to you too.Hav fun in Adelaide.:-)

Trudi said...

i never drove manual after i got my driver's license. automatic cars are like hard-to-dump boyfriends... although you may not like 'em.. but u sure fear living without 'em..hehe

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS Evil Rita..hahaha...I'm so happy for you.Don't need to practise d..Drive a auto..AUTO...
Don't make life difficult for yourself.See ya soon

dixynn said...

wheeee coNgrats on your driving! you can now drive all the way to kL haha. since you're done with your driving, i think it is time to continue with your swimming MUAHAHAH *evi laugh*

p/s: evil laugh taught by evil rita

fishtail said...

Yum char? Hmm, that's my favorite past-time when I'm in Penang! Congrats on nailing that driving license.

adri-enne said...

oh my dear frens..
it seemed almost ages long 2 wait 4 my P license!
I'm jz so afraid i wont b able 2 achieve me goal!
yes yes evil rita has passed... xynn u sure it was I who taught u d *evil laughter*? darn I'm evil.
vivi, driving properly with manual car is a 1 way ticket for me 2 b allowed 2 drive an auto.. sigh
yes fishtail! i'm yet 2 try mr ragoo's coconuts. me still faithful 2 hanchiang school punya coconut uncle.. tho not s skillful but always along my way :)

P/S: yum char is more of a lifestyle rather than a past time in Penang!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»