Monday, January 23, 2006

The Herbal Tea Conspiracy. . . ;p

"Mom knows best"
Err.. Uhmm... Maybe.

Mum has been rather paranoid recently. Whatever the reason is; I'm concluding she's getting the Empty-Nest Syndrome; so that I could tolerate her better. Not working well though.
She complains and laments over the fact that I haven't bought all my "eSSenTiaL" stuff for Australia. Her dictionary has clearly messed up the word ESSENTIAL and NEW. She's paying I know and I'm going to get new stuff, only an idiot would bother. Well, Hi, my name's Anne Idiot, pleasure meeting you.

So one fine day, one fine morning, my mummy boiled some bunch of smelly grass, I mean herbs and soiled the stove area. My aunts, Tua Ee and Jee Ee were kinda furious because the stove was recently cleaned. It's not dirty, really. It's just that it's Jee Ee's favourite past time to exaggerate and make loud comments. Once ready, Mum emptied the pot and 4 relatively large mugs were filled to the brim.

The Plan

I decided to spend some time with my brother and dad. Mum had to work on that Sunday due to some urgent matters. It seems that her department where she has been working for decades is transferred to KL. Back to me, Papa drop me and Marc at Bkt Jambul Complex and Marc had to accompany me buy my baju kurung. He's officially on the list of "The last few people I will seek second fashion opinion from". Then we met Ps Sam. Then we had waffles. Then we meet up with Papa.

The Broken Nail

The three of us nearly entered the orange eating competition but only 2 vacancies left so I discard the idea as I do not want anyone of us to be left out. We went to the bowling alley and I lost to my brother twice. He was quite good at the game and I have butterfingers. But it was worth the fun. Dad was coach, spectator and fan at the same time. During one of my turns, I felt something in the finger-holes of the bowling ball. I shook the ball and out came a piece of broken nail. "Whoa! Someone's nail!" I said loudly to my dad and bro."AHH! It's mine!" as I noticed how familiar the broken nail is, and checked mine.
Exactly after the first game, Tua Ee called and asked when are we coming back.

The Conspiracy

"Not soon, Tua Ee, perhaps in another 45 mins or so."

"That will be round 6.45. Wei, your mother will be back round that time and you still have not drank your leng teh (herbal tea) . . ."

"OH NO!"

"Best thing is, come back before Mom does. OK? Bye"

SHOOT! I was suppose to remind dad and bro to drink. Once before we leave for BJC and finish the remainder after we some back. I'm doomed. Five consecutive throws end up in the gutter while Marc had 2 strikes. I was worried but Dad told us to continue having fun... Oh father.
I had a great time and had 2 consecutive strikes during the last round. If I'm gonna get lectured for the leng teh thing, it's still worth it. Dad drove like Schuey back home.

In the car. . .
"Ok, Papa, Marcus, here's the plan so listen carefully. Papa will park the car and Marc will take the goodies we bought. I'll dash in, and open the doors. Clear? You thirsty? Good."

In Lorong Delima 3, Island Glades,
"Mission failed. . ." I said weakly to my bro after I saw Mom's car parked outside 3-E.
Nevertheless, we ran in but really quietly. Tua Ee giggled then signalled us to drink the tea. Here goes. Glug glug glug. Silly bro start giggling at our stupidity and I can't stop laughing myself. Papa also came in quickly and drank. Each took a cup and even finished the largest mug meant for refills. We emerge victorious. It seemed that Mum came back only minutes ago and went upstairs without glancing at the tea. Thank God for our double storey house...

As soon as we dry the cups, Mum came downstairs.

"Eh, you all got drink the leng teh or not?" She saw the mugs weren't there anymore.
"Good, I thought you all didn't drink . . . bla bla bla . . . "

I smiled mischieviously at Tua Ee who to my surprise, stick out her tongue at me.
It shall remain a secret between us.

he he he

But I do hope Mom get to relax a lil'.
It's driving the whole house ill.

5 comments:

nascaremperor said...

Yups....way to go...u prob won the award for the Most CReative Herbal Tea Conspiracy;)...jk addrienne;)

thanks for droppin by on my blog..
p.s. how did u find it;)

yeah...KDUCfers in arms

will miss u dearly;)
jhsien

fishtail said...

She's feeding you with tons of herbal tea to last you the entire duration you'll be away :)

adri-enne said...

fishtail, guess u're rite.. but i can sense more coming.. *face turned green*

jiahsien u blur blur sotong! stop intentionally spell my name erroneously la! hahaha will miss ya lots 2. erm.. regarding how i find yer blog, erm i dunno. . . :p *hint: ur msn nickname

Ken said...

Hey Adrienne,

Mr Ken here.

How are you? Please email me or visit my page: inspirededucator.blogspot.com

Hope to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»