Friday, September 30, 2005

The Alarm Clock Fiasco

Ti-ti-dit, ti-ti-dit, ti-ti-dit... The sound I most dread every morning... For the past few weeks, I have absolutely no luck dealing with my alarm clock(s). This morning I woke up an hour earlier with the intention of practicing my presentation but after two practices, I got bored by my own presentation and decided to take a 45 minute nap. I set my alarm at 7.50 am. I closed my eyes.. Then I lift my eyelids and it was so bright! I checked my alarm clock and to my horror, it displayed 8.45! My class starts at 9 and I'm the first to go for seminar presentation! I glanced at my other clocks and saw 8.02 am. What? It didn't take me long to realise I set the time to be 7.50, instead of setting the alarm... Well at least I made it on time!

Couple of weeks earlier, I had very little sleep; an average of 3 hours of sleep per day. What have I been doing? Let's just say it's something for me to know and for you to find out! (Hint for myself as my memory's somehow failing: A voluntary Florence Nightingale & Kuli)
More of my own fault that I got myself into this mess. It was one lof the longest week of my life but no regrets at all! Oh anyway, I set my alarm before I slept and without fail, the alarm will fail. I thought I was too exhausted to even hear the ringing but then again I'm a light sleeper. Friday was my Moral Studies exam at 9. Lectures start at 8 daily except for Wednesdays which commence at 9. Miraculously, I made it to college on time everyday. Seriously if I were to depend on my biological alarm clock, I would have slept through college hours everyday. Explaination? God's SAVING grace. I suddenly will wake up exactly 20 minutes before the respective bus leaves. Amazing isn't it? I suddenly reflect a phrase coined by a pastor some time ago, "give God a small teeny weeny jewel and He'll grant you a crown of diamonds" I've paraphrased it.

Then on that Friday morning, I woke up, yup, at 8.05 am; to pack my underclothes which were unable to dry, along with a long list of things to do's... Finally, I had the chance to go back to Penang after many many months. I was supposed to wake up at 6.30!Only then I realised that my alarm have not been ringing for the past week!! I rushed and so wonderfully I managed to catch the bus. There I met Nick Gay (who borrowed my moral notes which XynnXynn wonderfully compiled, Thanks Girl!!) and we did a crash course in moral studies throughout the entire journey to college. It really helped me as 3/4 of what we discussed came out in the paper. Of course it was God who decided to highlight those wonderful stuff for me... Praise God!

Bus to Penang at 4.30 from Pudu,
Current time : 3.45,
Current location : 1-Utama Bowling Alley,
Current important fact : I usually take an hour to reach Pudu Bus Station
Current status : Panic

The brilliant idiot me went to organize a bowling outing for the CF so now I might miss my bus. But luckily Nick Cf was ever so so kind to drop me off at Taman Bahagia LRT station. And God was again so awesome. I didn't have to wait for the traffic to clear. I practically walked without any stop all the way from Masjid Jamek to Pudu. Traffic went to my advantage each road. In short, I reached home safely and told my mum about my failing alarm. She bought me an alarm that cost RM 70 the next day.

Ok. Not that I'm not appreciating the expensive alarm clock. Just that it is simply unnecessary! And prior to the fact she bargained with the coconut seller to get a 40 cent discount. Ugly lil' white thing with 8 buttons on them. Went back to Kota Damansara and guess what? The clock was blank. It died. 3 day old RM 70 lil' ugly thing.

I pressed a button randomly and it worked again. I set the alarm for tomorrow. I could barely remember my own name when I woke up.. And now I have 8 buttons to choose from. Yeap, I couldn't shut the noisiest thing on the face of earth although I'm certain I've pressed all buttons. ARGGHHH! Left it under my pillow and closed my eyes. And it's 15 mins before the bus officially leave me. Yes I am very blessed. In a way.

Oh a bitter sweet experience.. I have so much to write but so little time...
That's all for now. Seriously, trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding and in all your ways, acknowledge him and He'll make your path straight.
(Proverbs 3:5) We serve a real & personal God! Amen!

1 comment:

Trudi said...

ah... the rush moments, the lack of sleep that is associated so closely to college life.. how i miss it.. NOT! hahaha..