Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Series Of Unfortunate yet Fortunate Events

Returning to Penang was fun but I never knew the journey back could also be as fun! The bus is scheduled to ajourn at 4.00 pm at Pudu. Now problem is...
"Can I make it on time to the bus station without skipping church?"

"YES!" Alright. Just do it! After church, it was lunch as usual. I lost track of time and before I knew it, my eyes stared in horror at my watch. Congrats, Adrienne, You have exactly 2 hours from now to reach Pudu and you haven't even kept your clothes from the clothesline yet. Lucky for me, another good Samaritan offered to take me to Taman Jaya LRT station.

I rushed again 4 storeys up to chuck in all my clean clothes from the line and 4 storeys down to Yew Jin's car. After we are about to reach the U-turn to get back on the highway, I found out I left my keys n handphone at my hostel... so poor Yew Jin got to do another U-turn back 2 my hostel. So it's another 4 storeys up and down... all for a free ride. It's worth the rush though.

When I reached the LRT station, I bought the tickets then I went up to the platform to wait for the LRT. There I met an Indian woman in her early 30's I suppose. She asked me where will the LRT of this platform head to. I realised this is not Kelana Jaya LRT where it doesn't matter which train you take. Yup as expected, I was on the wrong platform. Thank God I met that woman. We board the LRT to find out we are both coming down at Masjid Jamek. We had a great conversation and I found out she's a microbiologist. She iniates experiments on living creatures and this pains her as well as challenges her religion and morale. Her purpose of going to Masjid Jamek is to get new clothes for her interview. She wanted to get the job of an editor for a text book on microbiology that can be used as reference for up to a degree standard. We share many things in common, we had to abandon our dream to study medicine due to some circumstances. Mine was my depressing biology marks so is her's in a way. She couldn't meet the requirements, missed by a few marks. I admire her knowlegde but mainly I admire her spirit that never gave up to circumstances! Before we went our seperate ways, we exchange names; her name's Kavitha. I've a hunch, we'll meet again! Till then, God bless you Kavitha, I hope you get that job!

I walked to Pudu. Shoulders were aching but oh well had to go on. When I finally reached Pudu, I reluctantly followed up the staircase that I usually use. There seem to be some construction going on.. Yeap! A man, a scavanger with some kinda skin problem carrying a bag filled with aluminium cans told me. He also told me to use another route. Weird thing is that I have sudden faith in a stranger and I understood what he told me. He spoke in Cantonese mind you.

Well, made it into the bus. At about 8+ pm, the bus driver suddenly told us we're running low on diesel. GREAT.. Now what?! 3 consecutive gas stations ran out of diesel. I seriously do not want to be stranded at Ipoh. But hey, God's really wonderful. Again I've been blessed by Petronas. YAY.. I reach home rather late but it's never too late for Eunos Tomyam mee goreng....
Thank God for the wonderful experience and journey mercy!

No comments: