Sunday, April 24, 2005

MOB Camp 2005

I'm
with the MOB; not affiliated with gangs of criminals, nope, don't be mistaken, it's with the Master Of Breakthrough.

Held from 21st till 23rd of April, it has only been 3 days and 2 nights but what I have learned can last me a lifetime. It was funny. Of all days for my alarm to malfunction, it has to be on the morning I am suppose to wake up for camp. It was set at 5.45 am as I had to meet a friend at 6.30 am to take the cab to Summit Hotel Subang Jaya. Somehow, I woke up to find out it's 6.20 am! Rushing like never before I took my bath, shampoo my hair, dry my towel, continue packing my stuff for camp... in 15 minutes. It was a crazy but lucky start.

Reached the hotel a little too early. No one around so we waited at the lobby. Waited and waited. "Oh, God did we get the right place? I pray I meet someone I know so we could follow to the church and ..." before I could finish, I saw Jonathan. I barely knew 5 people from Acts and I met him. But actually it was the cameras that made me recognise him... haha so made it to church and thus begin the journey to Bayu Beach Resort of Port Dickson.

I was blur. Left my backpack on the bus so thank God to some good Samaritan I have it back on my back. Had the briefing and I was in Group Whanau. Whanau; family in Maori. Our nametag's fuschia in colour and it's worn like a loin cloth... yes that was our identity throughout the camp... During the group activities, I could really feel the spirit of a team. The people were all really nice. Not to mention outstanding in character as well. Thinking of our cheer still made me giggle.
The speaker, Rev. Dr Philip Lyn from Skyline Church was fantastic. His message was conveyed very clear and it really pierce me. Made me realise a lot of things. His testimonies were very inspiring and in a way, made me feel really good bout myself... hehe I have power! He's also very energetic and enthusiastic... irony is.. He's 52! I tell you, standing beside him made me feel 60! Apart from Dr Philip, Vionita, my Power Group leader is very inspiring herself. Her battle is an inspirition in my life; we have the same obstacle... family objection. But she made that leap of faith and now she's having a tough time but she definitely had her breakthrough.

This camp thought me stuff you can't learn from books and by yourself.. but because a foundation was laid for me through this camp, I think I can develop this. Then again, I still need lots of support and guidance but I know my Lord will take me across.

He brought me to it, now He will bring me through it! Thank you Acts Church! Little have you known this camp is truly a blessing in my life! Thank you God for teaching me so much in this short period of time! AMEN!

No comments: