Monday, July 03, 2006

My Life Tastes like Rojak

it's been a topsy turvy rollercoaster ride these few weeks. I successfully refrained myself from the internet *apart from checking my email n uni stuff* but still not focused enough in my studies. I cant exactly figure out wat's taking my time away- everyone has 24 hrs a day; i'm rather envious of how well d 24hrs' being maximised. care leaving a tip or two?

i'd like 2 share a brief account of wat i've gone thru 4 d past weeks. not in chronological sequence- just random events dat crosses thru my stupid brain. here goes:

Exams- the leap, the trip, the fall.
i just wanna pass them all! my exams was like a jack-in-d-box; surprised me tho i knew it's coming- and hitting me on d face. i found myself humming "it is well with my soul" after every exam paper; alongside rows of expletives runnin thru my mind. so full of regret.

it's always 2 late dat i enjoyed studying. seriously, my subjects were interesting n i dare say pretty fun- once d basic concepts are understood. brilliant. i took in so many new concepts in a short period of time my brain just refused 2 accept anything by d time i prepare 4 my 2nd n 3rd paper. d word is SATURATED. i also creditted my poor performance 2 lack of sleep, lack of consistency n "rusa masuk kampung" syndrome. my exams were held in a warehouse in d suburb. furthermore, i'm not a mornin person.

wat i'm glad of, is d fact dat i can learn from this n really, really pray i would make it happen next sem. i wanna make my sleep hours regular n sufficient plus put in some effort 2 study often, 2 prevent myself from digesting brand new facts close 2 exam. preparations b4 lessons will b a huge help- if i'm disciplined enuf.. i'm seriously looking 4ward 4 nx sem; wanna giv my old strategies a test drive in another car- Jesus fueled.

The Exam Aftermath
Treated myself with a good seafood meal with Raimy. D same night, cell group had some games n loads of food... really fun despite suffering from chronic sleep deprivation. Played games like mafia, some electric pulse thing, "this is a what?!" and other confusing games. Food was fantastic- sushi, rice cake, chocolates, roast chicken, chips, ice cream...

Day after my Petroleum Paper, caught a movie with raimy in Marion Centre; fast n furious. havent had such exciting movies in a while- n remembered how terribly i drive. love d movie. n raimy has dis weird obsession with donuts recently. hehe. we also indulged in ice-cream at a shop called Chocolat. d place was by far my favourite hangout place here albeit a little pricey. i just dun deserve all dis sudden luxury- especially after my lousy performance in exam- sigh.

Holidays! ~the long awaited~
i'm getting real lazy 2 blog so i'll just breeze thru wat we did. d holidays kickstarts immediately after exam's over- housemates and i made macaroni n beef casserole. had a pizza outing n i had 2 satisfy my weird winter craving- ice cream! ice-cream with cookie dough's fantastic! woohoo!

another funny thing we did was playing pool. u c, none of us knew exactly how 2 play so it was beginner's luck dat cleared d table. Dat was saturday. next day, we went swimming- i'm getting better at it, yet far from good. hahaha why do they call it 'freestyle' if there's a technique 2 it!? sheesh.

Winter Break- the plans, the shopping, the hole in the pocket

yippee! made so many plans- but not going anywhere outta adelaide. travelling further may b fun- but lotsa rushing around.. i'll do it nx break. if i do not haf 2 prepare 4 any supplementary exam, i'll attend a camp in victor harbour. plans are 2 do some stuff like painting, baking, outings... n i'm considering guitar classes. shud i? :P

4 comments:

Ou Lik Ee said...

Well enjoy your life to the max before you really going into working world, just like me ok? =)

adri-enne said...

hehehe call me an optimist but for all u know, i might b enjoying my workin life more than studying. :)

Ken said...

Haha, cool post lil sis.

Yes there is almost nothing as important as sleep to a student. Sleep affects your mind's well being and capacity to hold. Sleep well, esp before exams. I used to also drink a bottle of Brand's Essence of Chicken before exams too. And eat loadsa FISH. Brain food mah.

They call it 'freestyle' but they also call it 'crawl'. Your choice, of course. :) Hehe I did a little competitive swimming when I was a wee lad. Hahah.

God bless you.

adri-enne said...

LOL expensive advice.. thanks tho! i did surprisingly well in some subjects.

regarding d swimming- at least i've improved. initially, i sink like a rock till d middle of d pool or float like a corpse face down on d surface. speaking of competitive 'swimming'- my grandma's a champ *dryland swim-mahjong*